Assam Don Bosco University
Assam Don Bosco University (DBU) is a venture of the Salesians of Don Bosco (SDB) executed by Don Bosco Society, Azara, Guwahati. Currently, Salesians are operational in 132 countries catering to over nine million young people worldwide. Recognized by Government of India as the single largest provider of technical education in India, Silesians have been second only to the Government. Above 100 Salesian technical schools and 25 colleges have been recognized in India. Salesians of Don Bosco manages scores of non-formal training centers, agricultural training centers, relief and recuperation centers, literacy centers and accommodations for street children in India.
The university came into existence to provide quality university degree programs on an online platform to students and working professionals across the globe, DBUG uses the cutting-edge in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and the power of the Internet to reach out to students worldwide.
The Don Bosco University was established in 2008 and follows the philosophy of ensuring that every student gets equal access to quality education, irrespective of his or her background.
Educational Style at DBU
The distinctive educational philosophy and method of Don Bosco as voiced by DBU charter are:
- A preferential opportunity for young people from the lower levels of society, providing them with an education and arranging them for their insertion into the world of work.
- Close attention to the inter-affiliation between culture, religion, science, technology, education, professional ethics and integrity of life.
- A family spirit is characterized by the presence of teachers and administrators among and for the students.
- An academic and educative style of association initiated on reason, religion and compassion.
- Exceptional attention to the formation of educationalists, the field of technology and work, and the world of communications.
- Efforts to endorse in society developmental programs that influence educative processes as well as plans and policies for youth research, teaching, study and cultural services intended to know better the state of youth, particularly the most underprivileged, to bring about their progressive transformation.
Don Bosco University aims at the quality in teaching & formation and pursues to appreciate an effervescent campus ministry program. It offers a basket of ‘finishing school’ abilities and quality placements for their students. Each progression in the system comes under the purview of constant and on-going assessment. A sustained proactive alumni association is to carry forward the constant learning of the DBU students and their corporation with the Idea of their university.
Education and Research Areas
The thrust zones of education and research have three major sectors; viz., Technology, Service, and Social sectors. The Technology sectors contain information and connected fields, biotechnology, and allied fields. The Service Sector covers nursing, pharmacy, paramedical, psychology, advising, management, mass media, arts, teacher education, social work, rural development and associated fields. The Social sector has religion and culture, ethics, governance and tribal studies and additional interrelated fields.
Nowadays Distance Education is reaching to the inaccessible and most unreachable places through distance education programs using IT-enabled systems. Commitment to society includes study and training programs for women, farmers and local industries along community college lines; a completely funded residential school for deprived, particularly tribal children. DBU guarantees equity and admission through scholarships for talented students, free studentships for underprivileged meritorious scholars and student loans.
The university is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC), India and also accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), India. The university is also approved by the Distance Education Bureau (DEB), India and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), India.
ADBU is a recognized member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), India, Association of Commonwealth Universities, (ACU), UK and the International Association of Universities (IAU), France.
Assam Don Bosco University offers below academic programs through Distance/Online Learning.
Master of Business Administration
- Project Management
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Operations Management
- Retail Management
- Human Resource Management
- Finance Management
- Marketing Management
MBA in Entrepreneurship, Business Management and Strategy
MBA in Technology Management
- Master of Computer Applications