In an increasingly competitive market environment, customers rely on those organizations which understand their real needs and meet their expectations with premium quality products or services. Quality is the key to business success; it promotes customer satisfaction and positively influences business revenues. Maybe that’s why a large number of companies are putting their efforts in the implementation of Quality Management System (QMS) with an aim to continuously improve the quality of their goods and services. Sadly, there are companies who are at a dramatic risk of failure because they’re compromising the customer experience by continuing with their existing quality management strategy and processes. Such blunder mistakes put these companies on the edge of losing market share which eventually results in damaging both revenue and reputation.
The QMS can be explained as a coordinated (and planned) set of process and values deployed within existing business processes by an organization to signify that it adheres to the international ISO 9001:2015 standards in order to meet the demands and expectations of customers. By the successful implementation of a fully operational QMS, an organization shall be able to consistently meet all the requirements (both internal and external) of its customer database.
If you are wondering how does Six Sigma Certification benefit your career and organization, then here’s the answer. The implementation of a quality management system begins with proper personnel management along with the right deployment of a problem-solving approach to quality issues. With this, a business is subjected to reap many amazing benefits and long-term commercial gains, which mainly comprising of reduction in errors and wastage, improved customer satisfaction, better company position in the market, better internal communications, improved consistency, enhanced quality compliance and an exponential growth of market share in new segments.
Following are some key steps to implement a quality management system to elevate business performance:
- There should be clarity in vision, mission and values amongst employees. They must know where the organization is headed, what operational principles should steer their way and how their individual strategic planning and efforts match up with the company’s business objectives. As a business, it is essential to develop a process to clearly communicate all the employees about the mission, vision and values of the company as a very first step.
- The organization must identify what are the factors that it should focus in its present and future so as to achieve its mission; some of the most common factors being customer and employee satisfaction, quality of product and services, market share and financial performance. These are the most critical success factors that every business must focus on.
- The very next crucial step that an organization must consider during the process of QMS implementation is the development of effective metrics and measures to track the progress. All the most, crucial factors which are necessary for the success of the company must be identified and presented to the management in a meaningful format for rigorous assessment. It is required to identify the potential risks, defects in the existing process and plan the right winning strategy accordingly to steer the company in the right direction. Read Also: How does career growth help to stay active?
- Ask for unbiased feedback. Identify the key group of people which may include employees, customers, vendor and suppliers to know how well the company is performing. Create a very structured process and obtain feedback from each stakeholder and identify the major strengths/weaknesses of your business. Take a hard look at their feedback and carefully analyze where the existing business processes are lacking. Make sure the feedback consists of a right set of questions and the data collected from the feedback is aggregated in a meaningful format.
- Based on the feedback obtained, develop an improvement plan targeting a focus on key areas in which the business is lagging and a stepwise plan should be implemented at the earliest. The enhancement plan may consist of employee/ management training, walk-the-talk leadership development approach, improvement of product/ services offered by the company etc.
- Make sure the feedback is taken at regular intervals, and the changes required as visible in the feedback data get implemented at the earliest so as to enable the company to make steadfast progress towards realizing its mission/vision.
A successful implementation of a Quality Management System is not an easy activity. The entire journey demands huge focus, commitment towards continually adopting a customer-centric approach to fit customers’ needs and an investment on upskilling people. It would be a wise decision to implement quality management system related operations in a controlled environment as it will ensure conformity in employees’ behavior during the process.
Read Also: Reaching Consumers with Digital Marketing