Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)
SVKM’s NMIMS is formerly known as Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies. NMIMS is a deemed university situated in Mumbai, Maharashtra. In the year 1981, Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal founded Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, however, it was recognised as a deemed university by the University Grants Commission later in the year 2003. Moreover, after getting the certificate of a deemed university, NMIMS has started five more campuses across the country, each located in Shirpur, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Indore and Navi Mumbai, apart from the oldest Mumbai campus. The University offers various courses and programmes in different domains such as management, technology, science, architecture, pharmacy, commerce, economics, law, engineering and liberal arts. Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies was established in order to meet the demand for management education in India. It was established with the help of Narsee Monjee Educational Trust that helped the founder with donation required to start this institute. After more than three decades of its operations in the country, NMIMS now hosts more than 12000 students and 513 full time faculty members to spread the joy of knowledge and learning. It is one of the most prestigious institutions for higher education in India and being one of the most popular destinations for higher studies among Indian students, NMIMS has a list of various notable personalities in this country as alumni. Some of these are Kiran Janjani, Paresh Rawal, Vikas Bahl, Harish Iyer, Kunal Shah, Gautam Shiknis, Rakesh Khanna, Aruna Jayanthi, Nitin Rakesh, etc. When it was founded in the year 1981, it started operations by offering a Master’s degree program in management studies with only 40 students and 4 full time faculties, being under the University of Mumbai. Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies is one of the fastest growing private universities in India currently. Since the day, it was started, the university has transformed drastically.
Recognitions and Accreditations
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies received “Deemed to be University” status in the year 2003 by the University Grants Commission of India.
- Also, NMIMS has got ‘A’ Grade from National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- All the programmes offered by the distance learning wing of NMIMS, which is known as NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education, are approved by University Grants Commission and Distance Education Bureau.
Awards and Recognitions
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies has been awarded several prestigious titles for its different schools of studies. Some of them are as follows;
- Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management & Engineering (MPSTME) grabbed the 2nd spot in Maharashtra’s Top Engineering Colleges – 2017 by Competition Success Review on GHRDC Engineering Colleges Survey
- MPSTME received the 1st position in Outstanding Engineering College of Excellence in India as per Competition Success Review (CSR)-Global Human Resources Development Center(GHRDC) Engineering College Survey 2015.
- MPSTME, Shirpur Campus received The Golden Globe Tigers 2016 Education Leadership Award for Best Educational Institute in Engineering at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in 2016.
- NMIMS School of Business Management has been ranked at the 10th position amongst the top 100 Management Schools in India by Outlook India while it secured the 4t spot amongst the top 10 Private S-Schools in the Outlook B-Schools survey October 2016.
- Moreover, NMIMS SBM has been ranked at the 10th spot in the list of top Management Schools in India in the B-Schools research survey October 2016 by The Week Magazine.
- It has been awarded ‘AA’ Rating under Deemed Universities in Maharashtra at State and National Level by Careers 360 in the year 2012.
- School of Pharmacy & Technology Management (SPTM) has been recognised as the winner of prestigious Category Award “Rajiv Gandhi National Quality Awards” in MSME Scale Service sector by the Bureau of Indian Standards, The National Standards Body of India, Govt. of India.
- NMIMS has received the ‘Golden Peacock Innovation Award-2007′ and BMA’s ‘Outstanding Management Institute Award’ for five consecutive years (2003-2008).
The above-mentioned awards are only some of the many recognitions and ranking that NMIMS has received over the years of its existence in the country. Being one of the most developing private institutions in India, NMIMS also provides education through distance learning mode, apart from the regular programmes. NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education (NGA -SCE) was established with the aim of providing quality education to those people who do not have the luxury of attending regular classes. The distance learning wing of NMIMS offers various courses that include PG Diploma, Diploma and Certificate programs in the field of management. All courses meet the standards and requirements of distance learning and help students get the best out of the programmes they have opted for. NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education is one of the fastest growing institutes in India providing education through distance mode.
Being one of the most trusted distance learning institutes in India, NGA -SCE focusses on investment on modern technology, excellence in academic delivery, etc. It has more than 200 highly qualified faculty members who have an experience of several years in their respective fields. Also, students who have done their educational programmes from NGA-SCE have been placed in various leading companies such as Indigo Airlines, American Express, Cipla, Emerson Network Power (I) Ltd., Bajaj Finserv, Jet Airways, Vodafone, Eureka Forbes, IBM, Genpact, Metro, Accenture, and so on. Moreover, students are benefited by valuable study plans and online lecture sessions. Apart from all this, the university has several regional centres across seven cities in the country such as Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Pune, Kolkata, Ahmedabad and Hyderabad. All these things together make NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education a genuine institute for distance learning students. Various programmes offered by the university include Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management, Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management, Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management, Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance Management, Post Graduate Diploma in International Trade Management, Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management, Supply Chain Management, etc. The university offers Diploma programmes and Certificate programmes in most of these areas and many more fields.